Tobacco Retail Licensing

logo with verbiage
tobacco retail oil
kc ordinance
kf ordinance
kc prohibited
kf prohibited
changes summary

Tobacco Retail Licensing (TRL) requires all businesses selling tobacco products to obtain a license. This is similar to a liquor or cannabis license.  

Beginning January 1, 2018, any business selling tobacco, nicotine and/or vaping products in Klamath County is required to obtain a license. The Tobacco Retail License applies to a business that sells any item(s) that meet the definition of “Tobacco Product”, as defined in Klamath County Ordinance 90.00.

Retailers are also required to post information about the Oregon Tobacco Quit Line at the point of purchase. A jpeg of the Quit Line sticker provided by Klamath County Public Health may be found here.

Oregon Health Authority Tobacco Retail Sales information may be found here.

Oregon Tobacco Quit Line

1.800.QUIT.NOW (1.800.784.8669)
Spanish Quit Line: 1.855.DEJELO-YA (1.800.335356.92)
TTY: 1.877.777.6534

The quit line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is a telephone and web-based counseling service to help Oregonians quit using tobacco and nicotine products.