General Election - November 08, 2022
- First day for a candidate to file: September 09, 2021
- Last day for a candidate to file: March 08, 2022
- Open Positions
- Qualifications for Positions
- Open City Positions
- SEL 101: Filing for Candidacy- Major Political Party or Nonpartisan
- Filing fee is $50.00, if wish to file by petition (gather signatures) fill out SEL 101 and collect signatures on SEL 121.
- Make sure the complete name and position number is listed on all forms for submission.
- If filing by signatures, please submit all forms for approval before you collect signatures. You will need to collect 283 signatures.
- All county candidate filing forms need to be filed directly with the County Clerk's Office at 305 Main Street, except for District Attorney and Judge, these need to be filed with the Secretary of State's Office.
View the SOS Candidates Manual.
The Campaign Finance Manual, including forms, can be found on the SOS website. Contact the SOS for any questions you may have regarding your campaign finance reporting.
Voters' Pamphlet: Everything must be received by the state no later than August 30, 2022.
All materials for the VP are filed with the SOS Office in Salem. If you want to be included in the VP published by the state, you must pay $600 or collect 200 valid signatures. All filings must be filed electronically using ORESTAR.
- To file by fee, file electronically using “ORESTAR” and submit $600.
- To file by verified signatures, file your statement electronically using “ORESTAR” stating that you will be gathering signatures. After the forms are approved, the state will email your signature sheet to make copies of for gathering signatures. After signatures are gathered, they will be returned to the County Clerk’s Office (our office) for verification. After the signatures are verified, the originals will be returned to you to submit to the state. Please read the State Voters’ Pamphlet Manual.