WIC offers a wide variety of educational classes for clients including an array of classes in Spanish. Clients receive nutrition counseling at every certification appointment and then have the benefit of at least one class in each 6 month certification period.
We are strong advocates for breastfeeding and provide a range of services to our clients. Our dietitian and certifiers are educated on breastfeeding issues and can answer the typical concerns. We offer manual and electric breast pumps free of charge to our breastfeeding mothers as a means of helping them maintain breastfeeding, particularly when returning to work.
Expanded food package for breastfeeding women and the opportunity to remain on the program for a year postpartum if a women breastfeeds for that length of time and individual counseling with our registered dietitian for high risk clients are also offered.
Services offered by the WIC Program include:
- Breast feeding promotion and support
- Breast pumps (Meeting certain criteria)
- Information and referral to other health and social service programs
- Monthly electronic benefits for nutritious foods
- Nutrition education (Individual counseling and group classes)