Protective Services

People with developmental disabilities may need assistance when they have been abused or are at risk of abuse or neglect. Protective services are steps taken to prevent abuse or neglect and to keep people safe. Adult protective services are provided for all adults with developmental disabilities who receive service coordination services.

Reporting Abuse

To report abuse of an adult with developmental disabilities, please contact the Klamath County Developmental Disabilities program at 541-885-2435.

Child abuse reports for all children (whether or not the child has a developmental disability) are the responsibility of Child Welfare. Call 541-883-5570.