Manufactured Structures

Manufactured Structure Transactions

Manufactured structures are also known as manufactured dwellings, manufactured homes, mobile homes, or park model homes. 

Effective May 1, 2005, responsibility for maintaining ownership and site information for manufactured structures transferred from the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to the State of Oregon’s Building Codes Division (BCD). The DMV is no longer involved in this process.  Ownership transfers are processed at the Klamath County Tax Office which will be acting on behalf of BCD, through a title company or a dealer, or directly through Building Codes Division. 

 Klamath County will update tax records only after the transfer with the Building Codes Division is completed. Until the transfer is complete, Klamath County will continue to show the selling party as being the owner, and therefore responsible for all property taxes. Simply signing off on a title or sales agreement does not transfer ownership.

Requirements for every transaction:

  • All taxes must be paid in full. From July 1 until the tax roll is extended, pre-collection of taxes is also required (unless otherwise noted)
  • All fees and taxes must be paid. All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Payment for fees can be made by cash or certified check. Credit/Debit card payments are accepted at the office, but are not available online or over the phone.